Full course description
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS FOR UMD STUDENTS AND EMPLOYEES ONLY. ALL OTHERS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DROPPED FROM THE COURSE.
How to defend yourself and the university from IT Security threats. The goal of this training is to raise your awareness level, change habits, detect and report incidents.
What's a phishing email? How can I tell if a website is real or fake? How do I create a strong password?
Answers to these and other common security questions are addressed in the Security Awareness Training. Through modules on Social Engineering, Physical Security, Data Security, Governing Laws and Security Hygiene you will learn:
- How to identify a phishing email
- What to do if you think you've been hacked
- How to defend yourself from common security threats in-person and online
- How to manage your personal data and keep it safe
- What laws and policies are in place to protect your data
- Good security hygiene habits everyone should follow
This course is self-paced and will take approximately 60 minutes to complete. You must complete the five modules and pass all 5 quizzes to receive a certificate of completion.
Questions about Security Awareness? Email email@example.com.
Technical issues accessing the course? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to request Web content in an alternative format, contact email@example.com.